In the House Finance committee yesterday, my friend the Secretary of Transportation described the Governor’s transportation plan to raise the sales tax on Virginia residents, eliminate the gas tax paid by out-of-state drivers, and charge a $100 penalty on hybrid vehicles, as “game-changing.”
Here are some other game-changing ideas:
1. Move the state capital to Big Stone Gap.
2. Give pets the right to vote.
3. Make Serbo-Croatian the official state language.
4. Sell marijuana at our state rest stops.
5. Allow riverboat gambling on the Occoquan.
6. Make “Highway to Hell” the official state song.
7. Turn UVA into a school of mortuary science (“Go Cadav-aliers!”)
8. Sell naming rights to our public highways.
9. Create a minority legislative district which cuts through peoples’ bedrooms.
10. Change our name to “South Maryland.”